Asserting Your Rights

If you believe you have been harassed or discriminated against at work, your best strategy is to talk to an experienced employment lawyer right away. A lawyer can review the facts of your situation and assess how strong your claims are. If you decide to take action, a lawyer can help you negotiate a settlement with your employer, file a charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and file a lawsuit.  

This section provides some basic information about how to assert your rights, including how to file a charge with the EEOC and get a right to sue letter. (This is a legal prerequisite to filing a lawsuit.) It also explains the time limits that apply to discrimination and harassment cases.  

Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How it Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you